The Zendesk integration is used to automatically open a Zendesk ticket for every call, according the conditions (Queue, Call status or Outbound) set in the trigger.
The ticket will be populated with information about the call and displayed for the agent in Zendesk.
These are the steps you need to follow to make the integration work:
- Create Zendesk account in Connectel
- Create a configuration for the account
- Create Triggers (Tools -> Triggers), set the conditions you want to trigger the integration and add integrations action by selecting: zendesk integration, the zendesk account you have configured and the configuration you want to use.
- Log the agent in Zendesk and/or Connectel
Every time there is an outgoing/incoming call, the trigger conditions are checked and a Zendesk ticket is created and assigned to the agent managing the call if the conditions are met.
When an agent manages a call, the agent will first be searched in Zendesk by the Email address and then assigned to the ticket only if the agent account is found.
Otherwise, the ticket will be assigned to the Zendesk administrator account used in the Connectel-Zendesk integration.
Important Configuration Hints
In order to create and assign ticket to agents properly, you have to make sure:
- Agent's Email in the Zendesk profile is exactly the same as Agent's Email in Connectel
- the Agent is associated to at least one Group in the Zendesk Agent Profile. If not associated, you can create Groups and associate Agents to them with Zendesk Administrator account
The Zendesk Accounts Section
The Zendesk Accounts Section is under the Integrations Menu:
Click on the + in the bottom right corner to create the Zendesk Account
Enter the following details and click on Add Zendesk Account
- Type: Integration Tab or New Tab
- Integration Tab: the ticket will be displayed in a new tab inside Zendesk interface
- New Tab: The ticket will be displayed in a new browser tab only if the agent is logged in Motion interface
- Username: same as an Administrator Zendesk Account
- URI: your Zendesk URL, written as https://…./api/v2/ e.g. https://connectel1485.zendesk.com//api/v2/
Authentication Type: Password or Token:
- Password: the password of an Administrator Zendesk Account
- Token: API Token created by Zendesk Account. API tokens are managed in the Zendesk Admin interface under Admin > Channels > API
- Motion or Proxy IP Address: written in <protocol>://<ipaddress>[:<port>] form. It is required to use the Recording URL in the Ticket Configuration. Example: https://X.Y.Z.W
- Description (optional)
After the Zendesk Account is created, you can view it in the list of accounts. Click on the three dots to the right to edit the account parameters or remove the account.
You can verify if the account credentials are correct by clicking on Test Zendesk Account.
Please note that the Integration Tab type works correctly only if you have Zendesk “Talk - Partner Edition” licenses.
If you have a different Zendesk plan, use New Tab type to automatically open ticket to Agents in a new browser tab. This requires the agent to be logged in to Connectel.
If you get the message "Wrong credentials" when testing the account make sure that all the details are correct. If they are make sure that you have enabled Password Access in Zendesk's API-settings in the Admin interface:
Edit a Zendesk Account
Find the account from the accounts list, click on the three dots to the right and Edit Zendesk Account.
You will see two tabs: Account and Configurations.
In the Account tab, you can modify the account parameters and in the Configurations tab, you can create, update or delete Zendesk configurations.
Create a Zendesk Configuration
A Zendesk configuration is used to design the content of the Zendesk ticket (Subject, Description, Fields and Tags) that is created and displayed for the agent managing calls.
You can create multiple configurations for a single Zendesk Account and use them in different triggers. In this way, you will be able to use different ticket layout for outbound and inbound calls.
To create a new configuration, edit the Zendesk account, go under Configurations tab and click on + in the left field
Choose a Name, Channel and Type and click on Add Zendesk Configuration.
The configuration will be created with default Subject and Description settings that you can simply use without any modification.
You can also edit the configuration and customize the Subject, Description, Fields and Tags of the Zendesk Ticket according to your needs.
By default, you will find the following three fields already configured
- the String [XCALLY Ticket]
- the Queue Variable
- the Caller number Variable
You can add more fields in the Subject and all fields will be joined by the blank space.
Use + button to add new fields. New fields are added at the end of the list.
You can insert 3 different types of fields:
- String: static string (e.g. [XCALLY Ticket])
- Variable: Connectel System Variable (e.g. queue or calleridnum)
- Custom Variable: dynamic variable created under Tools > Variables
You can add more than one field in the Description. All fields will be joined by new line.
Use + button to add a new field. New fields will be added at the end of the field list.
You can insert two different type of fields:
- String: static string e.g. *** Call Info ***
- Key Value: name-value item in the form name: value
where the first field is a static string (e.g. Caller Number) and the second field could be filled with the following:
- String: static string
- Variable: System Variable like Caller Number
- Custom Variable: dynamic variable created under Tools > Variables
You can add more than one field.
In the drop-down list you can find the complete list of fields available in your Zendesk account: Standard and Custom fields.
Choose the field from the list (Standard or Custom):
You can add multiple tags that you have configured in Tools > .
Click on the dropdown list to select tags.
Create a Trigger
You need to create a trigger to make the Zendesk integration work. Go to Tools -> Triggers and click on the + button in the bottom right corner
Enter the trigger Name, select Voice Channel, turn Status to ON and click on Add Trigger. Description is optional.
To Edit the trigger click on the three dots to the right and then Edit Trigger
Go to Conditions and Actions
Add Trigger Conditions
You can use properties like Queue, Call status or outbound to define the conditions you want to trigger the Zendesk integration. E.g. the conditions show in the following screen shot means that the integration will be active for Calls in the Sales queue and when the call is answered. For more information on trigger conditions, click here.
Add Trigger Action
To execute the Zendesk integration when the conditions are met, click on + under Actions
Select Integrations and Zendesk. Select the Zendesk account you created and the configuration you want to use, then click Add Action.
Now, when you get an incoming call a ticket will be opened in Zendesk containing the information you have chosen. If the customer is registered with their phone number the ticket will automatically be opened in the customers name: